Wednesday, January 2, 2008

An Angel for the New Year

.


"He makes his angels spirits,
his ministers, a flame of fire..."

- Ps. 104:4

Was taking the obligatory New Years sparkler photos yesterday night... not really knowing what I was doing - I'm still a total newbie with my 40D - I turned my shutter speed up and took tons of photos with which I was, for the most part, disappointed because the quick shutter speed had captured little dots instead of the streaming paths of sparks that I had wanted. However, a good rule of thumb for me is to always take a look at my photos in large size before deleting them, so that's what I did. And when I opened up this one, I was totally shocked: I could see a little angel within the flame, and it looked like it was sitting comforably and contemplating the universe with a shining face. I've showed it to about a dozen other people, and they can see it as well, so I know I'm not crazy! :)

This is such a percious glimpse into heaven for me. It reminds me of just how many angels there are sitting at the corners of the deep, dark universe; watching watching the whirling galaxies and forever reminding us that someday in heaven, we will see things far more beautiful than these so long as we believe.

Love, Oksana

0 comments: