Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fragment

I woke up briefly at 5 this morning, probably from being so nervous over the first day of school that I couldn't sleep. Faintly, I could hear birds chirping and cawing, and, while I slipped out of bed, the sound grew in intensity as my consciousness awoke. I turned to my window, and, for a second, the sight arrested me.

The scene was cloacked with a rich, frosted blue. Each form was gauzy in the fog, outlined with black shadows and softly kissed by the fading starlight. A streetlamp cast a rusty, orange glow upon the road, its ruddy light fraying as it crept into the center of the asphalt. The air was filled with the sound of birds.

It lasted just a minute; then, the deep, dark blue began to lift, replaced by that misty, grey hour just before the dawn. The birds continued to call, each voice weaving its way through many other voices, echoing back endlessly from horizon to horizon. Wind tousled the pale and drowsy trees, and fell in wispy cobwebs to the damp road. And the streetlight still shone, like a beacon of silence on a planet determined to shake itself free from the night.

As I watched this unfold, words and thoughts just welled up in me... it was like entering a poem or tiptoeing through a fairlytale. I love this view.

In just a few days, the view is going to change. We're relocating to a different part of the city... or, rather, a different spot in this part of the city. So, to commemorate its beauty, I'll share with you some snapshots I'd taken from my bedroom window at various times over the last two years. Enjoy... :)


when the curtain falls




Eternity


thunder


existance


to the other side


hear me

Love, Oksana

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an amazing artist you are!!! i'm so glad i found you through the KSN!

<><
morgan

Oksana said...

Thanks so much for stopping bby and for your lovely comment! :)

Anonymous said...

*claps*

both the writing and the photos were AMAZING oksy!

:D

Oksana said...

Thank you Laura! :) The words just came to me as I watched, and I did my best to remember them so that I could share them later at my blog. I'm so glad you liked it!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful, Oksana...
I am truly inspired. Thank you for sharing.

Kaysie

Oksana said...

Thank you Kaysie! I'm glad you stopped by. :) Your blog is a big source of inspiration for me!