Saturday, August 23, 2008

Prayers for a friend

I'm sure Laura won't mind me posting this. Today, the following update was posted at her blog.

Laura asked me to post this if she didn't and seeing as she hasn't - I thought I should. Right now, Laura and her family need your thoughts and prayers. Especially her Papa. If you could be so gracious as to do so it would be very much appreciated. She would have written this herself, however she had to drive to Mass. last night around 11 or so. Her Papa is dying. I'm sure we all know just a bit of what's that like; I know I do.

I met Laura at a forum where she gave me some very helpful advice on a problem I was having. Since then, we've been reading each other's blogs and commenting occasionally. I don't know her in person... and I've only known her through the web for just a few weeks, but she really feels like a sister to me. She is a beautiful example of a Christian, a very talented writer, and one of the friendliest, most encouraging people you can ever meet. Please send up your prayers today for our sister-in-Christ and her family...

beauty from chaos

Love, Oksana

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't even remember what the problem was...? aawww... thanks so much oksy for everything :) i think of you like a sister too ;) it's so awesome to have you around :D

Anonymous said...

btw... love the photos ;)

Oksana said...

It was the 'personal space' thing, I think. Which, as I said, was really helpful! :D

I'm so glad everything has turned out well for you & your family!

Anonymous said...

oohhh... that's what i thought it was, but i couldn't quite remember :) just wondering, do you ever go on gmail chat?

Oksana said...

Hey Laura! :)

I used to go on fairly often, but not right now... too many things going on in my life!