Monday, August 4, 2008

commonplace

Went for a lovely nature photoshoot with my dad yesterday. We had meant to go to another spot -- a beautiful field that has remained unexplored territory for me and my camera -- but missed the bus by a minute, so we ended up going to the same place I'd been to many times before. I was upset at first, but after a little while, I found all kinds of new and interesting things to shoot. It was nice and peaceful, just me and my dad; nobody else. I guess that means that, if I hadn't gone outside, all of these things would have gone unnoticed.




.
.
.
.
.
There were tons of these beetles on the pine trees ... this one in particular wasn't too fond of my camera, and ran off whenever I got close to him. At this point, the sun was gorgeous. It has just rained, and everything was glistening gold. As usually tends to happen, however, it turned cloudy after I took these two shots, and stayed that way for most of the photoshoot.
.
.
.
I found a funny little fly sitting on top of a blown-away dandelion, doing something that looked like tai-chi. She was lifting up one "arm" and then the other, over and over and over again. Since it was very windy, most of my shots weren't super-clear, and I didn't get to photograph all of her "moves," but here's one of the shots I managed to get:


.

I don't really like the next shot. I had intended to get the fence into the picture, but, now that I look at it again, I really wish it weren't there. It spoils the beautiful greenery and light on the other side. I feel compelled to post it, though, because I think it speaks of looking past the bad, and trying to see the beauty in life. Cliched, I know. :)

At the same spot, I found this little guy... he would not stop weaving in and out of the fence, but stopped long enough for me to get this shot:

And I took a few contemplative, reflective pictures that I love, because they sort of describe my life these past few months. I'll let you decipher them yourselves, but I'd be interested in knowing how they make you feel. Perhaps I'll tell you in a later post what they mean to me.


Love, Oksana

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful pictures!!! (btw this is lorah from the forum, just in case you were wondering who it was)

Anonymous said...

Your photos are absolutely PHENOMENAL!! Did you take classes? Also, is this your primary blog or do you also use the Son-Centered one with the links you gave me?

Oksana said...

Hi Lorah! nice to see you here -- thanks for your comment. :)


Carmen, thank you!! I'm so glad you like them. No, I've never taken classes, though I have signed up for a course which I may be taking next year at my high school. I've learned what I know from God and from looking at the work of a lot of good friends on Flickr. :)

I don't use Son-Centered anymore, as it was on my last Google account. This one and Multi Media Ministry (http://mm-ministry.blogspot.com/) are the only two I have at the moment!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing, God is a great teacher indeed! :)

I would love to keep coming back to see new pictures/posts when you add them, may I blogroll you?

Oksana said...

Certainly! :) I tried to add you to my blogroll, but Blogger wouldn't let me. I'll try again later!

Anonymous said...

love reading your blog :)

Oksana said...

Thank you Coeur Bleu, and lovely to see you here! :)