Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Track 3

Put your defense down
open up your heart and lay
all of it out
I know how hard it sounds
but loneliness will have its way
in feeding your doubts

waiting on the light
waiting on the light to change
I’m chasing out the lies
chasing out the lies
that keep you caged
I’m waiting, waiting on the light to change

No matter what’s inside
There is nothing you can say
to cause me to hide
You know I’m broken too
I’ve fallen far, I lost my faith
been found and made new...

Lyrics from Matthew Perryman's song "Waiting On the Light to Change."

"...loneliness will have its way in feeding your doubts..."

That is so very true. With God, you're never, ever alone, yet his word stresses the importance of fellowship with other people. God is love, and we are priveledged to be entrusted with the task of reflecting his love into the lives of others. I think the best way one can 'prove' his existance to somebody is to love them.

I wish I were more loving to the people closest to me... my family, for instance. It happens that many of them don't share most of my beliefs, and I keep forgetting how I should be treating them. Some things, like fellowship and marriage, are reserved for people who are like-minded. But love is for all. I need to remember that... and I'm so grateful for the humbling effects of Christ's example of love, which reminds me daily how I should be.

"...I'm chasing out the lies that keep you caged, and waiting on the light to change..."

I love that part of the chorus. I often fall into the trap of trying to deal with the big situation, getting overwhelmed, and giving up; when I could just stick to my part, giving everything I've got, and let God change the light. Of course, constantly "chasing out the lies" isn't glamorous or comfortable work, so this lesson is easy to forget.

Track 4 coming later...

Love, Oksana

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

all three of those songs have awesome lyrics... i'll have to try and find them to listen to them!

how are you feeling?

Oksana said...

Hey Laura! Go to Noisetrade.com to get the whole album for free (legally; the artist put it up there).

And I'm feeling much better. My thermometer tells me I still have a fever, but I don't feel it, so I guess I'm fine! :D

Anonymous said...

thanks! i'll have to do that tonight!

just wondering, do you have any form of IM (like yahoo, AOL, or gmail)?

Anonymous said...

PS... glad you're feeling better!

Oksana said...

Thank you! The only thing close to IM that I have is Gmail chat, but I'm not usually on to chat very often.